Help us reach our goal!
Have you ever thought to yourself: “Wow. I would really like to run a race someday”? Have you ever questioned your own sanity when you realized that you actually want to run a marathon? Does the idea of running on a relay team get you excited to lace up those shoes? Does 13.1 miles sound like the absolute perfect distance to test your running chops?
If any of those sound like you, then we want you on our team! This year on May 2nd and 3rd, we are excited to announce that The Anglican Relief and Development Fund is participating as a contributing charity in the 2016 Dick’s Sporting Goods Pittsburgh Marathon. Runners will experience festive crowds, live music, and a dose of runner’s high as they take on the streets of Pittsburgh–while raising money to provide quality education for children who cannot now attend school in the developing world.
As a participant, you can sign up individually for the marathon or half marathon. A relay team option is also available for those communally competitive types.
To sign up, follow these steps below:
- Head over to the Pittsburgh Marathon site to register for your desired race event
- Visit ARDF’s Pittsburgh Marathon CrowdRise page
- Select “Fundraise for this Campaign.” (Under the status bar of amount raised)
- Fill out your info! Upload a picture of your wonderful face. Set a personal fundraising goal. And don’t forget to dream big!
- Share your fundraising page with everyone you know.
Be sure to sign up by February 3, 2015 to have your race registration covered by ARDF!
We will be asking that each participant raise a minimum amount, which will vary by distance. If:
– You are running as part of a relay team (go you!) and sign up by 2/3, we ask that you commit to raising $150
– You are running the full marathon (go you!) and sign up by 2/3, we ask that you commit to raising $300
– You plan to run the half marathon (go you!) and sign up by 2/3, we ask that you commit to raising $250
If you have any questions or need any assistance, please contact Caleb.
If you are looking to join a relay team, please talk with Caleb for additional instructions.